The Fortnightly Club Scholarship
Congratulations to our 2017 Scholarship Recipients!
- Kayla Balsley studying Nursing at the University of Maine
- Gabriella Mejia studying Pre-Nursing at Saint Peter’s University
- Amanda Fonseca was the recipient of the Sherry Rawson Scholarship to study Nursing at the University of Delaware
Helping young women as they begin their adult lives is a significant way for The Fortnightly Club to truly give back to the community. Each year, college scholarships are awarded to deserving young women who meet the criteria that they are graduating seniors from Summit High School, planning to attend a four year college, and majoring in a professional, business or scientific field. The award is based on academic merit, community service and financial need.
Funds for this annual scholarship award is raised from the club’s annual spring luncheon. Held at the Canoe Brook Country Club, the luncheon is attended by Fortnightly Club members, friends and the community at large.
A separate scholarship, the Sherry Rawson Scholarship, was created in 2014 in honor of our beloved former member and scholarship chairwoman. Upon her death in December 2013, Sherry requested that memorial donations from her family and friends be given to the Fortnightly Club Scholarship fund. Consequently, the Club created this additional scholarship in her honor. Club member support of this initiative is much appreciated. The Club hopes to continue this memorial scholarship in perpetuity through additional donations give with annual membership dues.
Fortnightly Club Scholarships Awarded
- Karen Arias (Franklin & Marshall)
- Stephanie Chaves (University of Delaware)
- Ermani Miles (Seton Hall), The Sherry Rawson Scholarship
- Megan Picado (Rutgers University)
- Maria Sanchez-Najera (Fairleigh Dickinson)
- Kerina Dinkins (Rutgers University), The Sherry Rawson Scholarship
- Taylor Ford (Catholic University)
- Jualianna Fusco (The University of New Hampshire)
- Eboni Foushee (Centenary College), The Sherry Rawson Scholarship
- Hayley Dalton (Eton University)
- Dana Marie Sutherland (American University)
- Alexandra Hoesley (Rutgers University)
- Gabrilla Stern (Rutgers University)
- Janine Barr (Gettysberg College)
- Janae Cromartie (Bowdoin College)
- Igra Arshad (Rutgers University)
- Brighid Lee-Egan (Culinary Institute)
- Jennifer Callahan (Soka University of America)
- Danielle Scott (Morgan State University)
- Hayley Morgan (Wake Forest University)
- Erica Parks (Rutgers University)
- Gina Kim